Sometimes, doesn’t it seem that some people just seem to be extremely lucky with their business? They tend to be on the fast track to closed business deals, higher numbers, more clients, etc. It almost appears effortless.
I know their secret!
Their secret is not edgy, sexy, or mystifying. It’s the result of the stuff you don’t see…behind the scene. As a matter of fact, their “lucky” business is the result of something called a plan. And, the plan is probably the result of several years of plans getting them to where they are today. You just tend to see the result as of right now. To you, this success seems like an overnight phenomenon but it goes much deep than that.
“People are rewarded in public for what they practice in private.” ~ Tony Robbins
Now that we know the “secret” behind business success, what goes into a business plan? Honestly, it can be as complicated and detailed as you want it to be or you can make it simple. Simple to understand and simple to execute. I tend to go for simple and something that can be adjustable.
Some of the things I believe that are non-negotiable for business plans are:
- What problem does your business solve and how do you solve it?
- Who is your competition?
- What makes you different?
- Goals – where do you want to be in 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, 5 years, 10 years?
- How will you get there? What does the roadmap look like to get you to your goals? Who makes up the team to get you there?
- How will you market your business, product, or service?
- What does your social footprint look like? How will you expand it?
How do you put it all together? Remember how I said I like simple? I have prepared for you a simple, one-page, at-a-glance business plan you can keep with you to monitor how you are progressing towards your goals. Download the plan by clicking HERE.
Make it your mission to be a goal digger and have fun crushing goals!
© Lora Shipman, Keep It Local, LLC, March 11, 2018, All rights reserved