As 2017 draws to a close, it’s time to think about what your social media marketing plan will look like during 2018. In order to plan appropriately, it’s important to know what the expected trends will be.
3 social trends that will take off during 2018:
- Ephemeral content – a.k.a. Disappearing content: Think Snapchat and the “stories” feature on Instagram and Facebook. This type of content creates a sense of FOMO (fear of missing out), driving viewers to consume content before it’s gone.
- Personalized content: Consumers will want to see more content that is relevant to their needs and want. This will increase the usage of “Feature” accounts on social media. Feature accounts are those accounts that only focus on 1 specific service, product, interest and not your entire offering. Gone are the days where all of your content lives under one umbrella on social.
- Video! This one area of social media has been on fire! 2018 is the year to harness it for your business. Video gets more engagement than any other type of content on social media and will continue to do so. Episodic content or a series of videos will be important to viewers in 2018.
How will these trends impact your social media marketing plan for 2018? Taking advantage of the trends above will make a difference to your social media marketing efforts. First, you need to determine if you:
- Have the right tools
- Know how to use video effectively
- Need further training or coaching
One of the biggest investments you can do for you and your business is investing in proper training and education. Identify where you need that help now and search out those who can provide the training you need.