Could you be missing business and important connections because you fail to follow up?
Yes! You are!
It is not enough to show up to a networking meeting or event and shake hands and collect business cards. It is what you do AFTER shaking hands and collecting business cards that matter.
Lots of times people get stumped about what to do next when they meet people who can really impact their business. GREAT NEWS! Below are 12 creative ideas you can use to follow up and re-connect with people after meeting them, shaking their hands and collecting their business cards:
- Call and get a one-to-one meeting scheduled on the calendar and start building a relationship!
- After your one-to-one meeting send a handwritten note to their office thanking them for taking the time to meet with you.
- “Like” their Facebook page and start engaging with their Facebook posts by either sharing valuable posts with your followers or write a positive comment on Facebook posts that provide value.
- “I saw this and thought of you!” Send a helpful article or white paper via email.
- Send an invitation to a useful workshop, non-sales-y presentation, networking event, party, or mixer. This is a “no strings attached” invite. Again, make sure it serves a useful purpose for the person you are inviting.
- Drop off doughnuts or bagels to their office along with several copies of your latest newsletter.
- Connect on LinkedIn and give an endorsement.
- Call to say hi and check in.
- Introduce and connect them with someone who is beneficial to their business.
- Write a review on Facebook or Google. Be authentic.
- Add them to your holiday greeting card list.
- Offer to provide a free audit, sample, etc.
PRO-TIP: Schedule another one-to-one to continue to build your relationship. Schedule regular one-to-one meetings to continue to build and nurture your relationship.
The 12 ideas above will help you and your business remain memorable for the right reasons.