I stumbled across a really good article* that talked about the impact promotional items can have on your business. I was floored by the numbers they reported.
Check out these statistics:
- 8 in 10 consumers own between 1 and 10 promotional products
- 53% of those people use a promotional product at least once a week
- 6 in 10 people keep promotional products for up to 2 years!
- Only 1 in 5 people will trash an unwanted promotional product
- 53% of the time, promotional products create a more favorable impression of the advertiser
- 91% of consumers have at least 1 promotional product in their kitchen
- 74% of consumers have a promotional product in their workspace
- 55% of consumers have a promotional product in their bedrooms
- 77% of consumers hang on to promotional items because of their usefulness
The numbers are incredible, and if correct, the potential to have marketing with “legs” is huge! The key is to select promotional items wisely. Choose items that are memorable and useful! Some of my favorites are:
- Sticky Notes
- Thumb Drives
- Power banks (portable chargers)
How will you market your business going forward? Get creative and make whatever you choose useful and fun!