Social media can be overwhelming and because of that, some tend to avoid or do the bare minimum when it comes to social media. To help break through the confusion, I am going to share 5 of my most favorite tips when it comes to social media.
Local Lora’s 5 MOST Favorite Social Media Tips
- Have a purpose: Know why you are on social media. Is it for brand awareness? To drive people to your website? To position yourself as an expert in your field? Whatever it is, write it out and make sure each and every post moves you towards that goal and purpose.
- Have a plan: Once you know why you are on social media, create a plan and a content calendar. This one tool will make social media so much easier for you. Think about it, if you know the topics you are going to write and talk about on social media, the content will flow!
- Pick 1 platform and grow from there: Don’t worry about being on all social channels all at once. Select 1 – ideally, it should be the social channel where you can find the bulk of your target market or niche. Get to know this social channel inside and out so it becomes second nature to you and your business. THEN, and only then, move on and grow from there.
- Always provide value: Avoid a selling mentality. When you post, keep your audience in mind and always ask yourself “What’s in it for my audience?” If your audience will not benefit from the post, it may be time to re-think your message.
- Measure your results: Make sure that whatever you select as your purpose in tip #1 it has the ability to be measured. If you can’t measure your results, you will never know if you are on the right track or if you need to pivot and adjust your messages.
BONUS TIP: Stop the scroll! Make sure your social media post, images, graphics and video are compelling enough to stop people from scrolling on by. Keep your followers intrigued and offer something unique to keep them engaged with your social media account.