A large part of business and networking is the ability to be memorable…but, for the right reasons. Being memorable is all part of your personal brand. Here are some ways to make sure you stick out for all the right reasons:
- Confirm meetings – Not only will this save you wasted time for the occasions that your meeting partner forgets about a scheduled meeting, it will also send a message that your care enough not to miss a meeting and that the person you are meeting is important.
- Don’t be late – Showing up late for a meeting sends all sorts of messages! It can send messages that you are careless, selfish, disorganized, and you do not respect the time of the person you are meeting with.
- Dress for success! People will take you more seriously when you take yourself seriously. It also reflects on how you treat your customers and your business. If you dress like you are prepared to be loafing around on a Saturday, instead of dressed for business, it could mean the difference between closing a sale and losing one.
- Add value – The following Zig Ziglar quote is amazing and says it all. “Stop selling and start helping!” Each time you meet with someone, leave behind something of value. Something that the other person can put into action immediately and with no strings attached. Examples are: an industry articles, a list of tips, an eBook, etc.
- Be prepared – Always bring enough marketing materials, business cards and information to leave behind. Not having the basics on you at all times sends a message of how serious you are when it comes to your business and your customers.
- Follow up and follow through! This is an easy way to set yourself apart from the crowd as most people do not follow up and follow through on what they say they are going to do.
Think about things you do in your daily life that you can tweak to help you become more memorable for the right reasons!